Sunday, August 5, 2007

Opportunities

Wow a lot has happened since my last post. The most significant of which is the news that I will be representing the USA at the Sprint World Championships in Hamburg, Germany! It's a nondrafting sprint distance race held as part of the age group world championships. They just shortened the distance for the younger guys to race. It's different then the Junior ITU World Championships which is draft legal and will probably be MUCH more competitive. I'm pretty psyched nonetheless. Me and a buddy from San Antonio are going to be traveling together and will get to spend about a week there. The race is on September 2nd and we will get to watch all the other pro's, junior, age groupers, and the like race the whole weekend. It will be tight.

I'm leaving this Friday for Colorado to race the USAT Junior ITU Nationals. Should be interesting. I was waylaid with a sinus infection of some sorts last weekend and spent three days doing absolutely NOTHING. I've been on antibiotics and am getting better but my 5k I did this morning left much to be desired. Oh well. Just trying to get enough sleep and stay as healthy as possible. Looking forward to a good few weeks of training before Germany.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow Mark, that's amazing! Man, that's just awesome. Congrats and make us Yanks proud!