Thursday, April 3, 2008

New PR

Remember how last week I set a personal record for most meters wam in a day? Well yesterday I did it again- 8000 meters in one day!! That would be 5 miles for those of you who prefer English base units. (Actually if you want to get really technical its 4.97 miles) Anyhow it took about 3 seperate workouts to get there but it was good.

As well as swimming 8km I did an afternoon brick workout of 1:10 bike w/3x15' at Z4-Z5. Legs were lacking the power and I couldn't get my hr up for the life of me so wasn't too happy with that. Off the bike I ran a 10k for time doing 2' at 5k pace/1' jog/1' 5k pace/:30 jog/:30 5k pace/:30 jog. It was freakin tough but I ran 39:20 so I was pretty stoked about that. Thats 6:20 pace which is about what I was running for a 5k off the bike in a race a year ago. I'm gettin there...

No comments: