Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Quickie

I have a few minutes before I head to class so I thought I'd bang out a quick blog update.

Training went pretty well last week and so far this week. I did my first real bike workout of the year last wednesday and it was bad. No power in the legs at all. Friday and Sunday were some quick brick workouts w/ 3-5 repeats of a short 5-10' bike right off into a 3-7' run. The workout was a lot more specific then that but thats the general idea. I felt stronger Sunday then on Friday and was able to push it a little harder on the bike so that was good.

Swimming is ok. As ok as swimming twice a week can be. 

This week I've just had a swim on monday, track workout tuesday, and a bike workout this morning. Bike was a little better today than last week but still not too good.

This evening the track team is leaving for San Antonio at 6pm. We added a meet at Trinity University tomorrow and I'm going to give the 1500 and the 5k a go. Since I haven't run either of those on the track yet this year (or ever) I should set a PR!


No comments: