Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Big things coming


It's 7 weeks into the 2011 season and semester and things are going pretty well. Training is going well and its been fun to see the consistent improvements from week to week this early in the year. Some quick updates of life and living:

-I've got my first tri of the year this saturday. The Athens sprint triathlon. It's in Athens, Tx and is a little, local race with a pool swim and unpredictable weather. I won the race last year so I'm looking to repeat and go even faster this year.

-My first real half marathon this weekend too! After the race on Saturday I'll be driving down to San Antonio and doing a small half marathon in San Marcos on Sunday. A bunch of people on IconOne are doing it so it should be a lot of fun!

-Probably the biggest thing to announce is the fact that I'll be moving to San Antonio come May. I got offered a job down there and have wanted to live there to be close to my coach and my team for quite a few years now and I think God is finally opening up the doors for me to make the move. I'll be taking summer classes online and then do my internship in the fall so I can graduate with my M.S. in Kinesiology in December of 2011.

-Time to hit the pool!!

No comments: