Monday, October 31, 2011

Offseason

Yesterday my fiance told me that I "need to update [my] blog." And since I am a sensible person who understands that the #1 key to a successful relationship is always doing what your wife tells you, I am going to get a jumpstart on practicing for married life and do just that. Oh, did I not mention I was engaged? Well yes, yes I am. Happened a little over a month ago and we're looking forward to trading vows coming this January on the 7th.

After the US Open Triathlon debacle I took 3 weeks off as I was very ready to be done with the season. I spent a good 10 days of doing nearly no physical activity, sleeping A LOT and trying to eat all the bad food I could. After that I started doing some mild workouts here and there as the urge struck me. Last week I started getting back into the swing of things with 3 swims a gym workout and some light running every day. I've been helping my fiance with some of her XC workouts as her season is still going and she's pretty quick so that has helped me keep some good leg turnover. She got 10th at conference a week ago and has regionals in Wichita Falls this weekend so go Jess!!!

I also have to give a shout out to the UT Tyler cross country team who won Conference for the 7th time this last weekend! Nice job guys and go Patriots! They will be racing regionals in 2 weeks down in Seguin, Tx.

The rest of this fall is going to be quite busy for me as I help with wedding planning, tutor, take an online class, work on my internship at UTSA and fit in some training. It's base season time and I'm excited about putting some long, slow miles in and just having fun with training. After a summer of high heat and intensity I'm ready to just get outside and play. Busy, busy but that's how I like to keep things!

No comments: