Thursday, July 12, 2012

Back from My Leave of Absence

So apparently I'm really, really bad at blogging. Three months since my last update is completely unacceptable, I know. I'm sure the sparse readership I had has now completely left for more active and interesting blogs. In spite of the very real possibility that no one reads this post I shall do my best to give a brief glimpse into where I stand in life and training.

COLLEGIATENATIONALSKemahSWImLessonsDALLASITUidahoJCC6monthanniversaryWORKANDTRAINrunningcamp.EATANDSLEEP


Yep, that pretty much sums it up. I had a decent race at Nationals and a good swim at Kemah. Then a DNF in my first ITU race in Dallas after I got lapped out on the bike. MAN those guys can swim! I had a little break after that and went on an amazing trip to Idaho with my wife to see her sister. That place is so beautiful and the weather was amazing. We went hiking almost every day and saw a grizzly bear on one of our runs! We came back physically exhausted and mentally refreshed.

Since then we've been back at the grind and I've been training pretty solid. I started swimming with the master's group here which has been a lot of fun and very refreshing. On top of that I've been coaching a running camp for high schoolers this summer. We meet four times a week for 2 hours to run and do drills, stretching, core, etc. The goal is to prepare the kids for cross country season and help keep them running through the summer. It has been a lot of fun and I'm learning that my passion truly is coaching, teaching and developing young talent! I'm loving every minute of it.

Next up- The fall racing season will begin soon and I'll provide some updates about my schedule in a few days.


"Not every difficult and dangerous thing is suitable for training, but only that which is conducive to success in achieving the object of our effort."       -Epictetus 

No comments: