Saturday, May 26, 2007

Crits

Wow, crit racing sucks. 30 minutes of hell-on-wheels, balls-to-the-wall racing. Starting with a group of 16 juniors I couldn't get clipped in fast enough and got dropped right from the get go. So I spent the entire race playing catch up, slowly reeling in riders who had gone off to fast and were now fading badly. Got together with a couple guys and we were able to paceline and keep a steady tempo going. One guy really hacked me off cause he would take about 3 second pulls before pulling off and signaling me back to the front. Then stick behind me and try to sprint by to make a break. I was able to keep a steady pace pretty much the whole time as all my triathlon training has left me ill suited for sprinting. At the end it was 5 of us sprinting for the line and I ended up 4th in that group. My calves were pulsing and I could feel them about to cramp. Best I can figure I finished in the middle between the super fast guys way up in the front and the slower guys behind me. It was a good 30min workout and now its time to rest, ice, elevate, and get ready for Capitol of Texas.

No comments: