Wednesday, January 2, 2008

2008 (And All That Comes With It)

Well christmas has come and gone. As has the new year and now I find myself staring at a new season of triathlon. It's a little scary. I have some pretting high goals set for myself and there is a lot of nervousness and fear that goes along with that. Will I be able to measure up? Can I compete toe-to-toe with all the guys my age who are so fast? Will I be able to fund everything I want to do this season? Can I stay injuy free? Will I be able to perform in big races unlike I have often done in the past?

These are all the unknowns.

What I do know is that I love the sport of triathlon and will continue competing and participating in it regardless of my results. I can't help but enjoy being healthy and active. I also know that I will continue to encourage others to lead a healthy live and to try and set a good example for others to follow. I also KNOW that I will have fun this year. How can I help but take joy in every minute I have to train and compete with others my age who love doing what I do just as much as me?

So I gaze into the hazy mist of 2008. It's still early but as the season progresses I know things will begin to clear up. I have a great team, an awesome coach, and a supportive set of parents to boot. I'm looking forward to some tough workouts and fast races. In just a little over 2 weeks I get to test my legs for the first time at the Frost Yer Fanny duathlon. I'm also recieving an award for top junior in the SMW region at the banquet the night before. Then I get an early start with my first and only chance in April to qualify for the 2008 World Championships, which are in Vancouver, Canada this year.

Preperation begins NOW! And I have swim practice at 6 tomorrow morning. Goodnight.

1 comment:

Betsy said...

April. Alabama I think. Are all triathletes this profound? ;-)