Sunday, January 20, 2008

My Fanny, Frosted

Did the Frost yer Fanny duathlon this morning. And, well... my fanny got frosted. I think the thermometer read 23 degrees as I pulled into the parking lot at 8 am just north of Round Rock, Texas. YEOW! The race went good though and my first 5k was actually a 5k pr for me by 2 seconds. I finished 8th overall for the 5k/21mi/5k, run/bike/run race. Pretty good considering there were a bunch of really fast guys from all over the region here because the night before was the regional awards banquet.

About that. The banquet was pretty fun. (I guess) Thanks to my friend, Summer for going with me even though she has like no knowledge of things related to multisport. My award as the "SMW Regional Junior Series Points Champion" was a pretty sick bike jersey. (Sick as in good.) It was cool to see people I haven't seen since the end of the season, talk and catch up, and find out what races everyone is getting ready for this year.

I found out that if I so desired I could pretty easily go to Virginia for my birthday in April and qualify for the duathlon world championships there. Hmmmmm.... Duathlon worlds are in Italy this year. !!!!!! In September or late August. I just don't know if I can fund a trip to Vancouver, Canada AND Italy. We'll see...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you get to go to Canada and Italy, that would be pretty sweet.

Congrats on the awesome jersey and the award.