Friday, August 15, 2008

A Slow Week at Home

What's this? Two posts in the same week? Yes it's true, boredom has led me to provide another update on my training chronicles and any other matters of interest in my life. Well if it's a training update your looking for I am sorry to disappoint you, for I haven't been training much at all this week. Essentially I've just done "what I feel like." Which, on some occasions, has been nothing at all. However here is a quick outline of what I've done since the race last Saturday.

Sunday- Easy 1.5 hr bike ride with Travis and Hunter. We were fortunate enough to meet the wife of the president of USA Cycling. Here husband was in Beijing already and she was leaving to join him in a few days. Lay around the rest of the day then a :40 easy run that evening.

Monday- 1 hr run with 3xhill repeats each at 3:20-3:30 long. This was with Hunter and we were sucking wind at about 7500 ft.

Tuesday- Back home and I did nothing but lay around the house, make donuts, eat donuts and numerous other food items that left me completely disgusted with myself by the end of the day.

Wednesday- 2.5 hrs on the bike with a :30 run in the middle there. I was planning to run more but felt really lousy when I tried to pick up the intensity so I cut it short.

Thursday- Another 2 hrs easy on the bike.
:50 swim with the old masters group I used to teach.
Its definitely taking me a little bit of time to get used to this Texas heat again. And this week has been mild so far. I think racing at altitude is taking me some time to recover as well. I've just felt kind of tired and slow all week.

Today (Friday)- 90 min run at white rock lake. Felt alright and a thunderstorm kept the temps down so that was nice.

Essentially I've been sleeping a lot, training a little, and watching the Olympics for about 4-5hrs every night. This week alone I think I've watched more TV then in the last 2 yrs combined. Theoretically I should be packing and getting ready to move out Monday but... there's always time for that kind of thing later...

3 comments:

wrightnotleft said...

Hey, I didn't see an e-mail address to talk to you, so I hope you check your comments. My 16-year-old son is running cross country in high school for the first time. His last two scrimmages he came in last with a 26 min. 5k. He said he is not winded (he plays varsity basketball and is in good shape.) He said his legs "give out" and feel "weak." Do you have any suggestions for him?

wrightnotleft said...

Hey, I didn't see an e-mail address to talk to you, so I hope you check your comments. My 16-year-old son is running cross country in high school for the first time. His last two scrimmages he came in last with a 26 min. 5k. He said he is not winded (he plays varsity basketball and is in good shape.) He said his legs "give out" and feel "weak." Do you have any suggestions for him?

wrightnotleft said...

Sorry about the two posts. My e-mail is cathy_at_work@hotmail.com.

Thanks!