Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Life in Tyler

I don't know what happened to me the last month, just didn't feel like posting I guess. I'm out in Tyler, Tx now. Attending the University of Texas at Tyler. Life is good, it's a lot of fun being "on my own" so to speak. Running is going pretty well. The switch from a triathlon focus to a running focus hasn't come easy, lots of aches and pains along the way but its been fun. Last week I ran the most I ever have in my life- 59 miles in 6 days. Had a couple really solid workouts but my legs shins and achilles tendons were definitely feeling it by Saturday. So in the face of an oncoming hurricane Ike I ran an easy 9 miles at the lake with my friend Jess. Why, you may ask, did I not go through "extra mile" to reach 10 miles and 60 for the week? Well... I'm not sure, I just didn't feel like.

School is going pretty well as I haven't flunked anything yet. Of course I've only had 1 test and a couple quizzes, the worst is yet to come. If I can only remember where stratified cuboidal cells are located, the sample variance formula, and what the heck Z score equals I should be able to finish out the semester with a 4.0. Thats the goal anyways.

Sorry for the short update but we've got repeat miles at the track tomorrow. 5-8 repeats at tempo pace with 1' recovery. Can't wait.

1 comment:

Doug said...

What is your major?