Monday, September 22, 2008

A Present from the Postman

Got some cool stuff in the mail today. (Finally) After spending Friday afternoon desperately trying to track down my shipment of shoes in hopes that I would be able to use the spike's I had ordered for Saturday's race I had to resign myself to one more race in shoes that were a full size too small. It went alright though. I ran 28:35 for the 8k course which was a big improvement and shoes that I am slowly adjusting to this big increase in running mileage.

Anyhow, the shoes finally arrived today!


These would be the new race spikes. The Nike Zoom Forever XC. Pretty sweet looking, I think.

And even more sweet looking...



I wanted a pair of lighter weight trainers and these Nike Air Zoom Hayward +3's should do the job nicely. Obviously inspired prefontain and the University of Oregon these shoes go back to the grassroot days of runnning. In fact the tongue of the shoe even has this inscribed on it- "Designed from Steve Prefontaine's actual drawing and what he wanted in a training shoe." Pretty ballin if you ask me. I'm almost scared to run in them, for fear I'd mar their gorgeous luster.

In other news I now have cable for the first time in my life and an Anatomy and Physiology lab exam tomorrow. If anyone out there knows what pseudostratified cuboidal epithelial cells look like would you please let me know?

No comments: