Monday, February 16, 2009

Training Update

Haven't done a real training update in quite some time so I think I'll give it a go.

Last week was a pretty solid week as far as I'm concerned. I had some good run workouts as well as some not so good ones. Friday morning I got up to run at 7am and went to the track for 1x200's. First 2 were a little slow but I held :32's for the last 8. I could tell I was kind of tired though and they were taking a lot out of me. I think I may have stumbled on some weird physiological trend or something as my last 7 intervals all ascended by 2 hundredths of a second almost perfectly. No matter how hard I tried I went: :32.07, :32.10, :32.12, :32.14, :32.16, :32.18, :32.20. Weird huh? On the last one I was determined to break the trend but... it didn't happen.

Anyways, I did my cooldown back to the gym and as I was standing outside doing some light stretching my right hamstring tightened up really bad. Like REALLY bad. Not really a cramp it just got extremely tight. I went in and got ice on it and hobbled home. Did a swim at noon and it loosened up a little but still tight enough that I could feel it on the flip turns. Didn't stop me from doing 7x200's on 2:45 though! That is a super fast workout for me even if I was sitting on Chauncey's feet the whole time.

Saturday morning was a long run. The hamstring was still very weak feeling but it held together for 1:46 and 14-14.5 miles. Longest run in a long time. I could feel it kind of tremoring the whole time though and it had me worried. Once again I put some ice on it and hoped for the best.

Sunday it took every power within me to refrain from getting up and doing a long bike and/or run. I wanted to sooooo bad but reassessed my priorities and realized it would probably be in the best interest of my track season to take the day off. Sigh, oh well, I slept a beautiful 10 hours so I probably needed the rest.

Here are my totals for last week:

Swim- 1700 yards. (Biggest swim week since probably late spring last year)
Bike- 48.5 miles. (This is the one that has me the most worried.)
Run- 42.25 miles. (On 5 days of running too)
Strength- 1.5 hours
Yoga/other- 2 hours

Total- 18.25 hours. Not too shabby for being in school full time and working as well.

1 comment:

Morgan said...

School + work + triathlon isn't easy! Keep it up!