Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Track. Rain. Speed.


Awesome day at the track today! It was a fairly long workout, we went: 2x600, 3x400, 4x300, 6x200 with equal distance recovery jog between each interval and straight through the set. I was feeling good and hitting under my splits every time. As we started the 200's ominous clouds began to gather in the western sky and the formally tame wind began to pick up. People started to leave pretty quickly and even my teammate decided to bail. With 3 200's left me and a recruit that has been running with us were the only 2 people left on the track. On the 5th 200 it started to sprinkle and on #6 all hell broke. Josh, our faithful recruit was still right behind me as we rounded the final turn. Our coach was in his car yelling and honking for us to get off the track as I shouted back "This is the last one!" We finished, rushed to the car and hopped in soaking wet. Good workout, good day.

1 comment:

William Ritter said...

hey I think I am in the invitational. I don't remember seeing anything about ITU on the captex website. I'll double check my email later. I would get dropped fast if it was ITU since my swimming sucks.