Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Too Long


Good lord its been too long. Over 2 months since I did my last triathlon at the Playtri Olympic. And it's the end of FREAKIN JUNE ! Over 2 months since I've had to struggle against the iron grip of my horrendously strong neoprene friend. 2 months since my saddle came loose on the bike leaving me slipping and sliding around, just trying to hold on. 2 months since I've fought that feeling of utter fatigue as you draw close to the finish line, not sure if you're going to have enough energy to hold on or even increase your speed. Then right as you cross the line you give up and succumb to the blissful agony, weave towards the water bottles, and try to find a spot not crammed with people just, in case, you do throw up.


In that time I've purchased new race wheels, not Zipp's by any stretch of the imagination, but definitely light, aero, and you can pump em up to 160 psi. I've got a new bike, again not complete top of the line but then again I'm not Daddy Warbucks am I? It's nice though. The Cervelo P2SL, it's a beauty. Light and fast. I love it. New racing flats, new helmet, new bike gear, heck even a new RED speedo. And still I haven't raced. Sigh. 2 whole months

No comments: