Wednesday, September 5, 2007

American update

It's good to be home again. Sleeping in a bed that is regularly sized and NOT jammed up against the bed that my teammate is sleeping in. Listening to people speak real honest to goodness English. Eating authentic TacoBell with authentic American grease and cheese.Typing on a keyboard where the y and z are in their normal positions. You know, all those little things we take for granted.

Seriously though we did arrive home safely last night and it is nice to be back. I'm not enjoying so much having to jump right back into school but it went a lot better then I expected today. Especially for having none of the textbooks and not having studied for my biology and lab at all I was able to pass the quizzes and little worksheets we had to do. The fact that it was over the metric system definitely helped.

I'm still a little jet-lagged and my body aches in weird places but other then that I'm ready to go. Or not go as the case may be. About to go put my bike together then go to youth group. It was fun. Made some timeless memories and hopefully some friends for years to come. Now I'm looking forward to some good training to get my swim time down, figure out what happened to me on the bike, and continue to get that run time down. ciao.

No comments: