Thursday, September 27, 2007

What to do

So I'm faced with a dilemma. I have a race this weekend. I want to do well and look good but it's definitely not as important a race as worlds or nationals. I have a clothing decision to make.

One choice is small, tight, spandex, red and blue, emblazoned with TEAM USA across the front, and much more revealing concerning ALL parts of my anatomy.

The other choice is bigger, looser, still spandex, black and red, emblazoned across the front with my name, the ITU logo, USA, and ICON ONE, my last name is tattooed across the butt. It has a back zipper, and is much more professional and most definitely less revealing.

The problem irks me. My mind cannot rest as it tussles with the matter at hand. Should I hold true to the ideals of old schoolism, stand for what I believe, and proudly bear the chaffing wounds to prove it? Or should I conform to the wave of professionalism in our sport? Embracing all that is modest, comfortable, and cool.

What to do, what to do...

No comments: