Friday, February 8, 2008

Change

Hopefully I'll have some really good news to report here in a week or so. It looks like I'm college bound this fall. And I don't mean no Eastfield Community Colellege. I'm talking a real 'rootin tootin' state university. I applied yesterday so hopefully I'll be getting the word back next week. I've also talked to the cross country coach there and he's very excited about me coming out to run with them. I'm pretty much stoked out of my mind. Being homeschoooled all my high school years I never got a chance to swim or run on any sort of team. This will be my first oppurtunity to do that and hopefully it will help take my run to a much higher level.

Another pro is that the coach is a 7-time Ironman finisher and many of the runners there do triathlons as well. Cross training is a big part of their program and its good to know that I won't have a coach who insists I quit everything else just to run for him.

In fact I've been talking to my coach and we've decided that it will probably be best for me to take a couple years and really focus on the swim. I know this is what I'lll need if I every want to be even come close to hanging with some of the U23 or hopefully pro ITU guys. Swimming 8-10 times a week, week after week, month after month, for a couple years is what I need. *sigh* oh well. I have grown to hate my swim workouts a little less over the last 6 months and I have been getting stronger so that is encouraging. Next week I'll try to get in 6 or 7 workouts for the week and see what my shoulders have to say about that.

On a school note I believe that I am living proof that procrastination works. Goverment test on Tuesday. I was really motivated for this one as it was the first test of the semester and I wasn't sure what to expect. I really put my head down and studied for all I was worth... the 20 minutes before class. I came out with a 92. Next up- history test Monday. I bet that same strategy will work again...

No comments: