Thursday, March 13, 2008

Weight Management

So spring break hasn't been the most relaxing week of my life but what can I say- I guess its the life of a triathlete. It's been an interesting week overall with some decent but not stellar training going on. I think when I ramped up the volume and intensity I didn't balance it out with taking in the proper amont of calories. I've been trying to take off about 5 lbs or so for this race season but I dropped about 4 of them between Friday and Tuesday. Not good. That resulted in me feeling really sluggish Tuesday night and even Wednesday as well. In fact today wasn't super either though it was a somewhat easier day. Part of it may be due to dehydration and part to not enough calories. I guess I picked the wrong time to start really restricting my diet. Last night I went home and stuffed my face and this morning I was up 2 more lbs. Such drastic swings in weight can't be good and I'm hoping I can stabilize this and then take a few more pounds off before April 20th.

Tomorrow I head down to San Antonio for a weekend of training and testing with my team "IconOne". It should be really tough and a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to hanging out with my teammate Travis I went to World with and getting to meet the others on the team as well. Hopefully I'll come back exhausted and in awesome shape!!

No comments: