Friday, May 23, 2008

Back on Track

So time for a little update maybe.

As the title suggests I am indeed back on track as far as training is concerned. Starting last week and all this week I've been putting in some pretty solid hours. can tell I still have the fitness there from all the work I did earlier in the spring and now I just need to take the next step.

Fundraising for my trip to the World Championships is going well. A lot of different people have donated and I want to give a huge thanks to everyone thats helped me out. I had a garage sale last weekend that made some pretty good money as well. I still have a little more to raise and then I also have to pay for my trips to Des Moines, Iowa, and nationals in Colorado Springs but I'm confident that I'm going to be able to make it work.

Racing this weekend in the Capitol of Texas Triathlon. I'm basically training through it so I'm not going to be expecting any sort of spectacular results but it's a fun race and I'll go out there and give it my all.

I will also be getting a new road bike built this weekend which I'm totally psyched about!! I was given a Giant Composite 1 road .frame and purchased the build kit for it through my team. The stuff arrived wednesday so when I'm in Austin this weekend I will make an extra trip to San Antonio to get the bike built up with full SRAM Rival components. Those of you who know that Rival is SRAM's 3rd tier component group I'll have you know that it is still 3 grams lighter then Dura-Ace. I have an excel spreadsheet showing all those calculations, so there!

No comments: