Monday, June 2, 2008

Further Update

Ok here is an additional update to my weekend down in Austin for the Captex triathlon.

After the race it was nice to just relax with some friends up from San Antonio and not think about triathlons for a little while. We went to my grandparents lakehouse, then to eat, then back to the main house to watch a movie. If you wanted to know what the movie Sweeney Todd is about I could only give you a very brief summary as I slept through most of it. Monday morning (Memorial day) was another relaxing day. I seem to have trouble sleeping in these days and was up at 7:30, a couple hours before anyone else. I ate breakfast then did a 30min run where I discovered a neat trail 1/4 mile from the house. Someday I'm gonna go back and do all 14 miles of the out and back.

Later I drove down to San Antonio where I was staying with my friend and her Sister and brother-in-law. We played some volleyball and swam before I left to go pick up my NEW ROAD BIKE!!!

Yes indeed. The bike was getting built by my coach's husband who is an awesome mechanic and bike fitter. The Giant frame was given to me and I got a build kit for it with Sram Rival components. Its awesome and weighs in at just under 17.5 lbs.

Tuesday I was up early to make it back to Dallas for noon swim practice then I raced the Tuesday night crit on my new bike where I got 2nd. A fellow triathlete named Mark who also raced Captex chased me down on the last lap after I broke away with 3 to go. If I hadn't been trashed from the weekend I know I could have stayed off the front but oh well. They said it was one of the fastest cat 5 races they've done but it felt super slow to me.

A couple more hard days of training and I started my taper for worlds on Saturday. I leave Wednesday morning at 6:40am and race Friday at 7:30am. Its getting close....

No comments: