Friday, June 27, 2008

I'm Off!

Yup I'm just finishing the last stages of packing before I leave for San Antonio in less than an hour. I will be there for about 2 weeks attending the Pan Am Junior Select camp next week and then staying the following week to help out at a USAT Skills camp. Both of these camps are run by my coach and I'm looking forward to getting absolutely destroyed next week as I attempt to hang with some of the top
juniors on our continent.

After worlds I was planning on going to the Des Moines, Iowa junior elite race but about two weeks out they announced that the race had been changed to a duathlon because of flooding. Travis and I decided that it wasn't worth it to drive up their now because they had also taken away most of the points that it was going to be worth. Well about 4 days before the race they announced again that now the swim was back! Grrr... Travis and I had already made plans to do some crit racing in Austin that weekend so we were forced to miss out. Congrats to Kate Ross though who took the junior female title.

The crits in Austin were a blast even though I didn't do great. The weekend before on June 14h and 15th I'd done some crits in Dallas and placed 2nd and 1st but in Austin I was racing 4/5's instead of just 5's and the fields were much larger at 75-80 cyclist. I'm still not comfortable enough in large packs yet but it was a lot of fun and I gained some good experience. There was a pro crit Saturday night that was AWESOME to watch as they had a bunch of top teams like Rock Racing, Toyota United, Jelly Belly, Colavita, and even a guy from Slipstream(now Garmin) Chipotle.

Happy training.

No comments: