Friday, June 19, 2009

Day 5

The days are starting to run together now. Sort of.

Yesterday was super solid, and by solid I mean hard.

The morning saw me chillin on an 80min run on some trails just down the street from where I'm staying. Very cool and lots of lovely gravel and dirt to save my joints. I was feeling pretty lousy at the start but the deer, rain and getting lost made it quite an adventure and I was feeling much better by the end. It's always fun to finish up in a downpour, completely sodden to the bone.

At 2pm I met Hunter at the pool with Mason for a 4500yd swim set. Didn't feel great, the water is super warm at 84 degrees which makes it very tough when trying to swim fast, but I still swam well. Some fast 100's saw me pushing hunter to come in around 1:05, might be a stand alone 100 pr for me :-D. The 3x300's into a 900 swim weren't especiall enjoyable but we got it done.

That evening I met up again with Hunter for another group ride. Me and some triathlete on his DA broke away from the group and stayed clear of a chase pack with about 6 guys in it. He did most of the work but I helped out when I could. Those triathletes man, they can just sit and motor!

This morning was another gecko practice where I hit 'em hard with some run drills and strength stuff. The parents should have some sore little bodies tomorrow. :-) Then after running by the grocery store and dropping the 7 yr old off at her summer camp I hopped on the treadmill for an 8mile tempo at 6min/mile pace. I was really not looking forward to this and it was pretty painful but I was very encouraged to be able to finish it. A workout like that shows some real fitness, especially following a day like yesterday.

Well the cleaning lady should be done at the house so Mason and I are going to head back. I don't think she was expecting to see a sweaty, shirtless man with blue flames on his short running shorts walk into the house while she was cleaning. Haha, I'm sure she's seen worse in her day.

No comments: